Next Level & Stampede Lax LAX COVID-19
SAFETY POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Stampede Lax and Next Level Lax, will be returning to the playing field with a strong set of health and safety procedures as it pertains to the COVID-19 virus to help ensure the safety and well-being of our players and their families along with our staff and coaches.
Covid-19 is a highly infectious respiratory virus which can be spread primarily through contaminated droplets in the air. Although, the elderly and those with pre-existing conditions are the most susceptible, this virus does not discriminate as it can infect people of all ages. To help prevent the spread of the virus, we feel it is imperative to implement safety procedures and guidelines at all our Stampede Lax and NLL practices, clinics, camps, tournament play and other activities.
By adhering to strict safety and wellness protocol and guidelines as outlined by USLacrosse, New York State, Erie County, the CDC, and other governing bodies, it will help build the trust and confidence that our players can safely return to playing lacrosse.
Until it is deemed that the COVID-19 is no longer a threat to our public health, we at Stampede Lax and Next Level Lax are implementing the following safety protocol and requirements which will be subject to change based on regulatory compliance and other issues:
- If you are sick, someone in your household is sick, or you’ve come into contact with someone who is sick: STAY HOME!
- All players and their family members must agree to follow the Stampede Lax and or the Event venue holder policies and guidelines as it pertains to safety.
- All health and safety measures will be reviewed with the players prior to the start of any training session, camp, tournament, or other activity.
- Next Level Lax and Stampede Lax have affirmed with NYS that we have reviewed and understood the state-issued industry guidelines, and will adhere to them.
HEALTH & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
- Prior to the practice/event, all attendees including players, their families, Stampede Lax staff, coaches and any other person/persons coming into direct contact with the player need to be “symptom free” from any cough, fever, chills, body aches/pain, headaches and other symptoms associated with the virus and not tested positive for COVID-19 for at least 2 weeks prior to the practice session.
- All players must have a parent or legal guardian complete a “Covid-19 Liability Waiver” prior to the start of practice. This waiver will pertain to all the training sessions, tournaments, and other activities we participate in for the 2021-2022 season.
- Masks for players it will be optional WHILE on the field for practice
- Stampede Lax will sanitize all our equipment between sessions which include balls, goals, and other relevant equipment.
- All players should come dressed and ready to play.
- All players must bring their own water bottle along with enough water to last them throughout the practice. In addition, each water bottle must be clearly labeled with the players full name and it must be placed along with the player’s other personal items and equipment away at least 6 feet away from other players similar items.
- We are taking all precautions and following NYS and CDC Guidelines for outdoor activities:
- Masks should be worn by all non-vaccinated individuals at all times when not on the playing surface.
- Masks may be removed when you are playing.
- Players are allowed no more than 2 spectators, and all spectators should be socially distanced.
- Masks are not required for fully vaccinated individuals. Please have proof of vaccination with you if you are going mask free.
- All of the Next Level Lax Staff and players are fully vaccinated.
- Stampede Lax Coaches will plan practice in a manner that will limit contact to the best of their ability (no meetings, huddles, clear-concise explanations of drills from a distance, limit time standing in lines)
We will adjust our policies and procedures as we get more guidance from NYS and US Lacrosse and as we progress towards returning to game play. These safety and health requirements are essential to make our practices as safe as possible as we navigate these unique circumstances.
We are committed to offering the best training and skill development we can under these challenging conditions. Our underlying mission is to provide a positive experience and to challenge our players to become better in everything that they do!
We believe by returning to play with while implementing the proper safety and health measures is a positive step in the right direction. We look forward to getting safely back on the field to enjoy the game we all love!
Thank you again for your continued understanding and support during these uncertain and challenging times.