STAMPEDE LAX COVID-19 SAFETY POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Stampede Lax Meeting Presentation 8.31.2020
Stampede Lax and Next Level Lax, will be returning to the playing field with a strong set of health and safety procedures as it pertains to the COVID-19 virus to help ensure the safety and well-being of our players and their families along with our staff and coaches.
Covid-19 is a highly infectious respiratory virus which can be spread primarily through contaminated droplets in the air. Although, the elderly and those with pre-existing conditions are the most susceptible, this virus does not discriminate as it can infect people of all ages. To help prevent the spread of the virus, we feel it is imperative to implement safety procedures and guidelines at all our Stampede Lax and NLL practices, clinics, camps, tournament play and other activities.
By adhering to strict safety and wellness protocol and guidelines as outlined by USLacrosse, New York State, Erie County, the CDC, and other governing bodies, it will help build the trust and confidence that our players can safely return to playing lacrosse.
Until it is deemed that the COVID-19 is no longer a threat to our public health, we at Stampede Lax and Next Level Lax are implementing the following safety protocol and requirements which will be subject to change based on regulatory compliance and other issues:
- If you are sick, someone in your household is sick, or you’ve come into contact with someone who is sick: STAY HOME!
- All players and their family members must agree to follow the Stampede Lax and or the Event venue holder policies and guidelines as it pertains to safety.
- All health and safety measures will be reviewed with the players prior to the start of any training session, camp, tournament, or other activity and will be conducted on a Zoom call on Sunday July 5th at 8pm.
- Next Level Lax and Stampede Lax have affirmed with NYS that we have reviewed and understood the state-issued industry guidelines, and will adhere to them.
HEALTH & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
- Prior to the practice/event, all attendees including players, their families, Stampede Lax staff, coaches and any other person/persons coming into direct contact with the player need to be “symptom free” from any cough, fever, chills, body aches/pain, headaches and other symptoms associated with the virus and not tested positive for COVID-19 for at least 2 weeks prior to the practice session.
- All players must have a parent or legal guardian complete a “Covid-19 Liability Waiver” and return to Wendy Stone prior to the start of practice on July 6, 2020. This waiver will pertain to all the training sessions, tournaments, and other activities we participate in for the 2020 season. This waiver can be downloaded from the Stampede Lax website and is attached to this email as well.
- All Stampede Lax Staff members/coaches will be required to wear a mask anytime they are on the field and within 6 feet of any player.
- Stampede Lax Coaches will plan practice in a manner that will limit contact to the best of their ability (no meetings, huddles, clear-concise explanations of drills from a distance, limit time standing in lines)
- Masks for players it will be optional WHILE on the field for practice
- Prior to and following each session and or game, all players will be required to use hand sanitizer as well as some type of approved disinfectant wipes for their equipment including their goggles. Each player should have a small bottle of hand sanitizer in their bags, we will have large bottles on the benches as well.
- Stampede Lax will sanitize all our equipment between sessions which include balls, goals, and other relevant equipment.
- Only coaches will touch the team equipment – cones etc. with their hands. Balls should only be picked up with a stick.
- All players must come dressed and ready to play. There will be no hanging around with others before, during or after practices.
- All players must bring their own water bottle along with enough water to last them throughout the practice. In addition, each water bottle must be clearly labeled with the players full name and it must be placed along with the player’s other personal items and equipment away at least 6 feet away from other players similar items.
- Prior to practice, we will place cones that will designate where you can leave your water bottle and equipment. No player or coach will be allowed to share water bottles, equipment, or personal items.
- When not on the field playing, all players must wear a mask and maintain a space of at least 6 feet from other players, coaches, staff members, spectators and other event participants.
- Conversations and interactions between all participants must be 6 feet or more apart. They exception is when the player is on the field.
- We will stagger the start times of our practices to relieve congestion in parking lot and to minimize congestion at the entrances and exits of the facility
- Attendance will be taken and kept for all players, coaches, and staff members who are on the field.
- We are not planning on using any indoor space for safety reasons. If there is inclement weather, we will cancel practice.
- All training groups will be limited to 10-12 players who will be separated by the advised spacing requirements at that time. A key focus will be on stick skills, concept etc. with little or no contact permitted until which time it is deemed safe to do so.
- No more than 50 by next week players/coaches may be on a field at a time (i.e. a maximum of 4-5 groups of 10-12 players).
- No large groups of players will be held on or off the field. Players will be in small groups and required to maintain 6 feet or more from other players, coaches, and staff. These regulations will be subject to change based on local, state, and federal health and safety guidelines.
- Team scrimmage time will be limited during practices and contact will be strictly enforced by staff with more frequency of small sided play.
- Our primary focus during these early weeks will be skill development. Any scrimmages will be at the end of a training session so the participant can then return home and shower etc.
- Parents and family members are NOT allowed to attend practices. Please stay in your car. We are limited as to the number of people we can have on the field at any given time.
- If you would like to watch practice, please park in the lot off of Amherst St. and you can see both fields from there. If you do have to get out of your car you must wear a mask and maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from the players, coaches, staff and other spectators. Refusing to wear a mask will result in the person being required to leave the premises.
We will adjust our policies and procedures as we get more guidance from NYS and US Lacrosse and as we progress towards returning to game play. These safety and health requirements are essential to make our practices as safe as possible as we navigate these unique circumstances.
We are committed to offering the best training and skill development we can under these challenging conditions. Our underlying mission is to provide a positive experience and to challenge our players to become better in everything that they do!
We believe by returning to play with while implementing the proper safety and health measures is a positive step in the right direction. We look forward to getting safely back on the field to enjoy the game we all love!
Thank you again for your continued understanding and support during these uncertain and challenging times.